What is dulce de leche? Sweetened condensed milk when boiled down makes a golden gooey sweet topping. There are several recipes online so you can search “dulce de leche” on your browser for different cooking methods. The one that is most appealing to me is to make this in your slow cooker. There are warnings about exploding cans when boiling so the slow cooker seems like the safest option.
- Remove the label from a can (or two) of sweetened condensed milk.
- Wrap the can with tinfoil (to prevent it from leaving marks in your crock pot)
- Place can(s) in Crock pot and cover COMPLETELY with water
- Cook overnight in your slow cooker on low for 8 hours (the longer you leave it in the darker the color will be)
- Use tongs to remove the can(s) (they’ll be hot!!) and wait for it to cool.